How to Connect & Re-Connect
We don’t connect with someone when…
1. We interrupt.
2. We don’t listen.
3. We are quick to tell our solutions – to fix it.
4. We ask more than one question at a time.
5. We ask a question and then answer it too.
6. We tell our story instead of listening to theirs.
7. We are not present.
8. We open our mouths. There are times when you don’t need to say anything at all.
When we connect, we begin to build a relationship – which can grow into a trusted relationship. People
become friends with and do business with people they know, they like, and they trust.
We stop that connection when…
1. We multi-task.
2. We read our smart phones during a conversation.
3. We tap away on our computers while talking on the phone.
4. We talk or text on our cell phones during lunch with someone else.Ask yourself how you might not be connecting with those you meet for the first time and with those you